smashbox Beauty Snapshots Kit

by - May 17, 2011

I recently purchased the smashbox Beauty Snapshots Kit from where else? Shoppers Drug Mart.
It was $54. A little pricy for me but I had never tried smashbox eye shadows before. I figured from the cost of a regular palette ($30+)and what I would get in this kit, I would be better off buying the kit. This isn’t the same Beauty Snapshots Kit that was available in the US. I think this kit was put together for Canadian markets. It has a coupon inside exclusively for Shoppers Drug Mart. If you buy $75 of smashbox products you get 7500 SDM points. I am not sure if this is on top of the 7500 points you would already get for buy $75.00 worth of product.
This kit includes:
·         Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Starburst (travel size)
·         Photo Finish Targeted Pore and Line Primer (travel size)
·         Lip Enhancing Gloss in Pink Sugar
·         Limitless Eyeliner in Golden Ivy
·         Eye Shadow Palette in Beauty Snapshots
·         How to get the Look card (I tried it LOL)
The Beauty Snapshots eye shadows are all satin finishes. The colours are not named but I would classify them as a pink champagne, bone, copper, shimmering brown and steel grey. I really like how well they blend. The eye shadow palette comes with a thin blending brush. I don’t use it for the overall application of the eye shadow but it does work great for a crease brush. Pretty  packaging. I tried swatching them but I couldn't get my camera to capture the colours correctly.
I haven’t tried the Targeted Pore and Line primer yet, but once I get some time to play around with it, I plan on trying it out on my forehead and nose. I feel my pores are a bit large in these areas. So I will let you know how that turns out.
The lip gloss is a lip gloss. I was like Eh. It didn’t wow me. It has a brush applicator which I don’t like. The colour was cute though.
The Limitless Eyeliner is very nice. I don’t usually use this colour, a golden greenish brown, but I do love how it glides on. I have been using it on my bottom lash line when I use the eye shadow palette. It does come with its own sharpener on the lid. That’s always a bonus!
The bronzer - Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Starburst is lovely as well. It does have shimmer to it so beware if you do not like shimmery bronzers. I have been using it as a highlighter on my cheeks and a bit on my nose and chin. I will be using it more in the summer time when I get more colour on my face.

This is my look I created this morning. Champagne on lid, grey on brow bone, brown in crease and bone below the eye brow. I also used black eyeliner in my top lid and the Limitless Liner on the bottom lid.

What would you suggest from smashbox?

So my first foray into smashbox won’t be my last. I am loving their eye shadows - at least the ones in this palette. I think I will head on off to Sephora and get me some more smashbox. Maybe the Try Me Kit.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love Smashbox products, especially the Photofinish face primer, A MUST HAVE!!!!

    Keep us updated on the Try me Kit if you do decide to purchase it. :)

    Btw, great Blog!! I am a new follower ;)
    You can check out my blog at: www.girrrlthing.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram Life