May Favourites and June Wishlist

by - June 05, 2011

HI everyone! I thought I would share what I loved (makeup) in May .
1) I am loving L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara! I rediscovered it again. When I first tried it a few years ago I wasn’t impressed by it and went back to my old standby Maybelline. But a few weeks ago, I bought it and am loving how HUGE it makes my lashes look! Voluminous LOL ! I liked it so much I went out and bought another Carbon Black as well as the one in Black/Brown and one with the curved wand.  So happy with this product so far J
2)  Rimmel Vinyl Gloss Lip glosses. I got them on sale a couple weeks ago and love them. Keep a Secret is a pretty pink that goes well on top of lipstick or alone. Snog is fantastic alone.
Starting Over
(sample size)
3) Origins Starting Over Moisturizer – I got this as a free sample when I bought the Origins VitaZing Moisturizer.  I have been using this sample every night for the last 2 weeks as a night cream and have noticed a difference in my skin. Yes, there is that much in the sample! The sample size is 0.5 fl oz and you need less than a pea sized amount to cover your face
~~sigh~~ Now I am going to have to get a full sized version. Here’s to hoping my sample last until Origins has another free shipping promo! It smells nice – organic – and I found it very soothing on my face. So I am adding this to my June Wishlist. Here’s what the Origins website says about Starting Over:
Starting Over (Age-erasing moisturizer with Mimosa): This moisturizer with Mimosa, Argan leaf and Green algae helps to rebuild collagen, repair visible lines and improve skin texture and tone. Skin looks and feels measurably younger from day one.  Best for reducing lines & wrinkles and for all skin types. Net wt. 1.7 oz./50 ml US $45.00
4) smashbox eyeshadow palette -  This palette was from the Beauty Snapshots kit I reviewed previously. I have been finding myself reaching for this palette more than any other one lately. I love how pigmented the eyeshadows are and how well they blend. The colours are great for neutral looks.

e.l.f. countouring blush and bronzer

5) e.l.f. Contouring Blush and Bronzer – I like this matte bronzer. For a $3 product I am quite impressed with this so far. Who would have thunk it? The pink blush is very complimentary with the bronzer.

So what do I want this month?
Well as I mentioned earlier, I want (need) Origins Starting Over moisturizer. Yeah it’s pricey ($45) but I do think it is worth it. Darn free samples! I am kind of torn to order it this month as Canada Post is striking and Origins sends Canadian orders from their Toronto store by Canada Post. What to do? What to do? I really hate paying shipping LOL.
I also want to hit up Sephora this month. I love Sephora but avoid it as much as possible. I always end up spending way too much in there! But I want to get the smashbox Try Me Kit and Urban Decay’s Primer Potion. I also want to see if there is anything new for summer that I can use that won’t melt off my face LOL I had some issues this weekend. Maybe I should try the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush? Hmmmmmmmmmm
So what were your favourites in May?

You May Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram Life